Self care is essential for your overall well-being however, many people don’t take the time to invest into routines that promote such. Self care is defined as taking time to look after and nurture your mind, body and spirit. It’s critical that we are checking in with ourselves in order to maintain balance between our emotions, stress levels and health.
Self care helps to reduce anxiety, stress and tension and replaces it with positive energy, good health and happiness.
You can define self care as activities that are done individually that simply make you feel good (yes, sometimes its that second piece of 🍰) . The toughest thing to learn about self care is to give your mind, body and spirit permission to care for yourself without any feelings of guilt. Ultimately, we are solely responsible for our own self care and it’s our duty to look after our health, physically, mentally and emotionally.
Some people see self care as a sign of indulgence or selfishness but those are 3D thinking patterns of the past . Self care should be on the top of your to-do-list. Self care was once considered a luxury but in todays fast paced world and with the demands on your time, self care is no longer a luxury it’s a necessity. You need to take care of you because you’re the center of your 🌍 . When you’re busy giving, loving and caring for others, your own supply of energy become depleted.
We inherently don’t stop giving to others even when we feel depleted. Does this ring a 🔔? When we have lots of roles we’re fulfilling were bound to get burnt out. But in those moments, we have a choice. We can continue giving from a place of emptiness or we can take control of your self care and give from a place of fullness.
When your cup is empty you may feel:
These are signs that you have neglected your own self care and you need to do something about it. Its your priority to fill your own cup with all the things that make you feel healthy, happy and recharged. Once your cup is overflowing, then you give to others from the over-spill. When your cup is full you will feel invigorated, healthy, happy and full of energy.
However, even as edicsred as we’ve become , self care is optional. Make it a priority to transition into your personal practice of self care in 2019. Set 1 or 2 self care intentions to incorporate into your routine ( do that over a cup of ☕️ and a great 📓). Ultimately, transitioning your mind, body and spirit health through salt care will manifest devine rewards.
10 Self Care Activities To Recharge Your Mind, Body & Soul in 2019
1. Unplug yourself from the demands of the world – turn off your phone, laptop and any other technology that demands your time.
2. Give yourself a break from intrusive communication. Play some inspirational, motivational music that you really enjoy ( and turn that s*** up 🎸) !
3. Get moving! Exercising our physical bodies helps us maintain our emotional well-being too ( 🤔, that boot camp really did make me feel awesome last weekend) . Check out @purlifefitness for New Year Enrollment Specials and invest in you.
4. Make Vitamin D your friend! Go to the beach or even just outside in your back yard. Feel the warmth of the sun on your skin and breathe in the fresh air.
5. Practice healthy food + drink routines. Check out @myorganicjuice and @purgreensdelray and @purgreensboca for the highest quality, organic nutrient packed meals.
6. Take some time to meditate – create a place of inner peace in your mind, slow down your thoughts and increase your awareness and intuition.
7. Who doesn’t feel better after a great highlight, style or cut session? Check out @purstrandssalon and give yourself permission to feel beautiful ( you deserve it 👌) !
8. Book yourself a massage with @marta.heals and get rid of the stress and tension in your body. Marta‘s body work includes: Thai Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Guasha, Cupping, Intuitive Gentle Touch and energy work. She’s the best in town, be sure to check her out.
9. Practice intention setting during a Raja Yoga class @anuttarayoga. The style of Raja 🧘🏽♀️ encompasses a gravitational surrender in yoga poses that interpret the Yoga Sutras. It’s an amazing 90 minute flow of muscle disengagement and surrender to gravity. Book through MINDBODY today!
10. Journal about your days, ideas, goals and inspirations. Writing helps you gain clarity and closure and allows you to express yourself completely then reflect.
Heres to setting intentions not resolutions! Happy 2019 ✨🧘🏽♀️📓🌈